Sunday, August 13, 2006

Family Picture



This is my family!!! For those who are visiting or those I know but haven't kept in touch with, let me introduce my family. From left to right is: Clive (5 yrs), Me, Jacob (7 yrs), Hudson (3 yrs), Eva (21 months), Angel (beautiful wife), Isabel (2.5 yrs). Yes, that's right I have 5 kids 7 yrs old and under. For those surprised by the size, yes they were all planned- no accidents.

To address the obvious, we have 2 girls that don't "look" like us. Isabel is from China and she Came Home December 2004, and Eva is 21 months old and she Came Home to us 4 weeks ago from Liberia, West Africa. As you can see Isabel is not all that thrilled, that's because this picture was taken when Eva and I flew into Nashville Intl Airport from Liberia. She was not and still isn't all that excited to have competition for mommie's attention. While they don't look like us, it is unbelievable how quickly you forget that. I could go on and on, and I will in a future post, about adoption, bonding, inter-cultural family, having a large family, etc....

We tell people that Jacob looks like Angel, but has my personality; Clive looks like me, but has Angel's personality; Hudson is a perfect mix between Jacob and Clive, and he has a little bit of both of our personalities. Angel is homeschooling Jacob for the second year. He is very excited to start first grade. Clive will begin kindergarten with Angel this fall.

Hope you visit my blog again. This is my first post, so please come back. It is my intention to write often, but let's see if aspiration meets reality.

7 comments:

Petak said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! Enjoyed your first post. Looking forward to more.

I need to show you my skydiving video from Colorado. Let's hook up.

Go Pack!

BP

Just a bit....... said...

Angel & Matt- your family is awesome! Thanks for contacting us. I just told Darren last night I wish people we went to college with had blogs so we could keep up to date with them. Let us know if you know others.

Jerry Herbert said...

Matt & Angel: Thanks so much for the email that directed me toward your blogg site. This is awesome. (BTW, you can find me at MySpace.com/asp_guy). Your family is so cool. Congratulations. And, Angel, all the best as your homeschool doubles in size this fall. Thanks for staying in touch.

fetzer said...

Great to read about your family.

Samuel said...

Beautiful family. Don't try to keep up on posting to your blog with Petak, you'll never win :)

SPR

Matt Pregont said...

Petak is the standard, maybe he should be nominated for best blogger of '06.

stephanie garcia said...

I enjoyed seeing this picture of your beautiful family! Coincidentally, we too have daughters named Isabel and Eva and they also joined our family through adoption. What a precious blessing!