Monday, November 05, 2007

Mercy Ship


Dang it, Kenny's back tonight. "know when to hold 'em, know when fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to ...? do you know?
Sorry this post just got up, got kicked out the internet right before I was about to post.

Tonight we visited the Mercy Ship. Go to mercyships.org to find more about them. Quick and dirty is they provide medical care and other outreach things to poor port cities. We got hooked-up with a denist on board from a family in our church and they hosted us for dinner. We took a tour of the ship, it was a little city, it even has a STARBUCKS!!!!! I had a double latte so I'll be up late tonight :-)



The cool thing is the denist lived in Nashville so we are planning to get together when they are in town at the end of the year. It is crazy the small world moments we've had here in Liberia. The missionary wife, Nancy, lived in my home town in WI and were best friends with people in my home church, and her twin sister lives in the same small East TN town that my mother-in-law lives in. Crazzzzyy.



OK, my latte is really kicking in. Doubtful that we would get much sleep anyway, very excited, nervous about tomorrow. By this time tomorrow we will have a better understanding if we will be able to bring Nia home.

No comments: