Matt here. Angel woke up this morning with a migraine. She was close to tossing her flat bread (no cookies). She is now over it, so pray it doesn't come back.
Angel and I finished our first books of the trip. With sporadic internet connection, no TV and no children to care for, all there is to do is read.
Many of you may be wondering if we've seen Nia again since Thursday. We have not. It was a hard decision. Saturday and today (Monday) would have been the only days we could have gone to the orphanage. It is an 1.5 hour trip through some of the worse roads I've ever seen. Also, when we left Nia the first time she was extremely sad and I felt like she didn't believe we were coming back. To leave her two and three more times, knowing that we can't say with 100% certainty that we will be taking her home, is tough. We long to be with her, and know we will see her in the next days. By Tuesday we should know if we can take her home. This waiting is heavy on the heart, full of fear of the worse, and feeling like this counselor will see some fault in us that will cause her to deny the Visa.
Know we wait till our trip to the Mercy Ship.