Saturday, December 29, 2007

Nail Clippers

Angel here. I lost my nail clippers this week. I was amazed at how out-of-control 60 fingernails and 60 toenails can get in such a short amount of time.

Nia has taken a real love to our dog, Ox. About 7:30pm every night she'll open the back door and say, "Ox is cold. He needs to come in." And in he comes, straight to the boys bed.

Nia is a very hard worker. Today I decided that I couldn't take another minute of the clutter in my house, so I started at the front and worked my way back. Nia joined right in with a great attitude and professional thoroughness. "Ma, I should get the broom?" "Ma, I should dust this?" If my dad was still alive he would've said she worked like a Georgia mule. At supper every night we go around the table and everyone says their favorite thing about the day. Her's was "cleaning with ma." Joy! Joy!

We are potty training Eva this week and Nia is one of her biggest supporters. It might have something to do with the fact that everyone gets a chocolate chip if Eva goes in the potty.

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Giving everybody a chocolate chip sounds like a real smart idea! I'm all for utilizing peer pressure to my advantage. We're attempting to potty train Daniel and the first time I pulled his diaper off, he pee'd on me. And himself. And the floor. And the rug.
He didn't earn a chocolate chip for that.

Matt Pregont said...

Ginger,
Everybody gets 2 chocolate chips if Eva goes poopy in the potty. The kids help remind her to go when I get bogged down folding clothes or cooking supper. They all have to be involved in giving her High 5's and whooping/hollering whenever she goes. When Eva starts going consistently, we're going to have a Potty Party with cake and ice cream. So, the motivatio is high for everyone involved.

Ginger said...

I've been saying that when Lydia and Daniel are both potty trained, we're going to have a party with a toilet-shaped cake. We'll probably also celebrate gifts - for myself. If anyone's earned a gift it's me!!
LOL