Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Treating Anemia

Someone had asked how we are hoping to treat Nia's anemia....Well, Black Strap Molasses is a natural and easily absorbed way to get Iron. However, it's not so yummy on it's own. Nia does not enjoy taking her vitamins, and if she continues to make a big deal about it then we may have to resort to putting PolyVisol (liquid) in milk/water. We've tried to convince her that the vitamins really are her best tasting choice.

It's been another hard day with Nia. Whenever I try to have a conversation with her about her behavior, she goes silent, looks in the distance, and pouts. It really tries my patience. I'm just trying to have a conversation with her, communicate lovingly to her, and then she has to go and respond in a &*(%*^@#* way. I took computer and TV away today until she could show me a better attitude. Needless to say, she didn't get much screen time today, which is actually a good thing. I'm still working on the Unplugged thing.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Just a note to let you know how much I appreciate your blogging. I do check in every day, and pray for you accordingly. I just don't often respond, but I want you to know that we're praying!

S

Anonymous said...

I am still reading as well!
Kim

Ginger said...

I put blackstrap molasses in the kids' oatmeal. Or you can do pb & molasses sandwiches. Maybe you could mix it into rice. Hmmmm.