Monday, January 14, 2008

School Days

The boys (8, 7, 5) have been going to a homeschool enrichment program on Mondays since last fall. Lately, Hudson has been a little clingy and not wanting to go. So, this morning I pulled him out of pre-school and put Nia in the 1st grade class with Clive.

I was a bit apprenhensive about the whole thing because I hadn't given her any Heads Up that I was even thinking about it. I even called at lunch time to see how she was doing. A friend picks up my kids and her's, so when Nia walked through our front door this afternoon I was anxious to see how it went.

She was all smiles and wants to go every day! (Not sure what that says about her thoughts of having me as her regular homeschool teacher). She made lot of friends, she said. Whew!

My own day was filled with a quick trip to Kroger, swing by the bank, Starbucks (got a free small coffee after buying 1lb of beans), return a movie to Blockbuster, 4 loads of laundry, general picking up of clutter, and supper prep. Mopping to come later. Maybe.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Oh that's so wonderful for her! I can't wait to hear more of her thoughts on school. I'm sure she'll have very specific opinions! ha ha!

That's also great for you to have time off too! May you be refreshed and renewed during that time!

Brandi