Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Hep-C Free!

Friends,
We just found out today that Nia is negative for Hepatitis C. The docs aren't sure why she tested positive the first 2 times, but she is negative now. Whoo Hoo!! No liver transplants in her immediate future.

The weird news is that her spleen is "unexplanably enlarged." Apparently, an enlarged spleen is usually a liver problem, but her liver ultrasound was great. So....we'll just have to keep an eye on that dadgum spleen of her's.

Other news...her iron is up. I attribute that to the large quantities of meat she is eating and the pureed broccoli I put in her soup.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

YEAH!!!!

Another blog I check said they found the spleen thing was malaria in her system.

love ya,
Brandi

Pregont Family said...

Brandi, thanks for that tidbit about malaria. I'll pass the info on to our doctor.
~angel

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Wow, I'm sure this is a huge relief! Yes, an enlarged spleen can be a result of a lot of malaria episodes. But it doesn't mean she has it now.

In case you haven't figured it out, I am Melodie Sheppard who worked for AoH and am Mark and Nancy's daughter. I saw your response to my comment in the other post and just thought I'd clarify this!

-Melodie
www.xanga.com/Africaz_Melodie