Friday, March 21, 2008

Wah. Wah.

It's been a hard week. Nobody likes a Complainer, but I'm overdue.

I lost my wedding ring. I can't think about this one too long or I'll end up in fetal position with drool hanging on my lower lip.

My kids pulled up the only pretty things growing in my backyard (Grape Hyacinth, according to my mom).

I lost the key to my large, upright freezer that contains all our frozen pizzas, chicken, meatballs, etc. It's been a lot of pasta and sandwiches this week.

One of the toilets isn't working, which leaves us with one working toilet.

We ran out, and I mean Ran Out, of toilet paper today. What a great time to get to know the neighbors. Thanks, Ray!

Nia has been, well, Nia.

The coffee pot has been acting up all week, leaving me with grounds in my coffee and at times coffee spilling out onto the countertop for unexplainable reasons. This alone would have been enough to warrant complaining.

Lucy has run away nearly 10 times this week. She wriggles under a spot in our fence and then runs like a bat out of hell. She actually got hit by a car Wednesday night, but unfortunately was not injured or killed. We're currently looking for a new home for this rebel who insists on prostituting herself around the neighborhood. One day I actually caught her by the collar for a brief millisecond before she turned on the turbo. I ended up falling into somebody's rosebush.

There is not so much as a smidgen of chocolate whatsoever in this house.

My flat tire was last week, so I can't mention that one. With all 6 kids along.

Let me think, I'm sure there's more......Oh yeh, Survivor was on WEDNESDAY night instead of THURSDAY, and I totally missed it!! Could we have a little Heads Up?? Is that too much to ask?

Okay, I'm done. Thank you. I promise not to make a habit of these outbursts.

5 comments:

jules said...

This is Todd Kuiper's wife Julie. I have found your blog through mutual friends the Wilmots and Jeff Cobb. Anyway, I "lurk" through your posts and have come to greatly admire you. You have made huge sacrifices for your children and more than likely saved the lives of the children that you adopted.

I am an immunization nurse who also works in a travel clinic giving travelers advice on food/water precautions, insect precautions and various other things to avoid while on trips. I was very interested to hear about the shistosmiasis that it was believed Nia to have. Did you ever figure that out??

I couldn't believe it when I read you got another dog to add to your already big family! I'm sorry, but I have to sit here and chuckle when I hear of your issues with her as we struggle with the same issues with our dog. In fact, about a week or so ago I posted on an "escape" ours made at Todd's work of all places (in the parking lot).

And, fitting excerise into all this! Well, that just plain puts me to shame!

Anyway, thanks for your blog. I have heard about you and Matt from Jeff and I can see that I could easily be friends with you if you lived a little closer!
Julie Kuiper

From Five to Eight said...

Sometimes you just need to get it off your chest and hear someone say "wow...you're week sucked! I'm sorry!"
I read your blog often as we have a 9 almost 10 yr old daughter (and her two siblings...7 and 5)
Teresa

Missy said...

You're welcome to come to my house. I have plenty of toilet paper and 2 very reliable coffee pots.
Hang tough!

Love,
Missy

MommaofMany said...

Our cyber shoulders are here for you. I can't relate to many of your problems, as I have no dog, don't drink coffee, and couldn't get my wedding ring off if I tried...but I feel your pain.

I did have a son have diarrhea all over the bathroom floor, does that count? He got some pasteurized milk, darn it! He can only drink raw.

{{HUG}}

Very bad weeks are often followed by glorious ones (if only because it can't get any worse!), so be one the lookout for something good, and get out to the park if you can!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I don't know you and you don't know me. I went to IWU when Matt and his brother were there. I don't think they know me. Anyway I ran across your blog from someone else at IWU.
I just wanted to say how much I enjoy reading your blogs! We are in the beginning stages of adoption. SO, you are such an encouragement to me! Also your latest blog made me feel so much better! My husband says I'm too much of a perfectionist and I need to just let things go!Anyway, just wanted to say I love reading your blogs and I'm also praying for your family! Especially with the issues you have with Nia. Also, for the rest of your children.
I hope you have a better week this week.
Jennifer Johnson