Friday, April 04, 2008

Our House

This was our house when we bought it, circa fall 2006. At that time it was 107 years old. It had been divided into four apartments, technically a Quadplex, for at least 40 years prior. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a Quadplex until then. The walls were paneled and the ceiling had been lowered to just above your head. It was very cave-like. Even musty.

This is what we've done with it so far. We finally got that new front door after living here for several months with a front door that didn't even latch, much less lock. Whenever we left the house, we would pull out some keys and act like we were locking the door just in case someone was "casing our joint." Then when we'd come home we'd stand there with keys and do the same motion like we were unlocking the old homestead. Sometimes the kids would blow our cover and bust on in. I was glad to get the new front door.
One that locked and all.

Anyway, we hired a guy who came with a great recommendation to paint our house RED. I just love RED. We should've had cause for concern when he was painting in the rain. But, no, we decided to keep giving him our money. It wasn't until after he painted over 2 windows that we finally got smart. Apparently, he thought it would cause a beautiful pink glow inside when the sun hit those 2 red windows. I'm sure he was right. Only thing is, we didn't want our windows painted. After chalking it up to him being off his meds, we canned him.

So, the house still needs a paint job. Painting in the rain leaves nasty runs and stuff, FYI.

I just love RED.

3 comments:

Ariel Allison Lawhon said...

Ah, this is the first time I've seen your house. That actually makes me kinda sad. But it's beautiful though. Good job! And I love red too. That's the color I painted my laundry room.

Brandi said...

That's hilarious! I LOVE your house! It's so gorgeous. . I want pics of the entire inside now. . or maybe a video tour?

Bran

Ginger said...

Our house is painted red too! Beautiful place you got there, Angel.