Thursday, April 03, 2008

So Close.

These are some of the family shoes. Those red and blue buckets are supposed to be holding the family shoes. You can see that my Come To Jesus talk last week put the fear of God in my family. So close. The shoes are so close to being in the right place, didn't quite make it all the way.

Reminds me of a friend's plant she told me about. Her mom sat the plant beside a water feature in the house, but never watered the plant itself. It died. Once again, so close but not close enough. Can you imagine that little plant hearing the water gurgle by? Seeing the water? Smelling the water? But not getting any water?

I'm sure there's some spiritual analysis here. I'll leave that up to you.

So, I've been Missing In Action for the past week. Just haven't had anything to say, I guess. Been kinda dreary 'round here. Lots of rain. Lots of mud (remember my back yard?).

3 comments:

Ginger said...

When we have that issue around here (not putting stuff away), I set the timer for 20 minutes and that's all they do. Put the toy away, then drag it back to the den. Then put it away again. Then drag it back. . .
They don't generally forget after that. :)

A year ago I remember having my girls put their towels away, then put them back on their bedroom floor, etc. It was fun for the first 10 minutes. LOL

Pregont Family said...

Ginger, You crack me up! That idea sure does give them lots of concentrated practice time.
~angel

Brandi said...

Oh yeah. . spiritual application all over the place. . .that's great!

Love,
Brandi