Saturday, May 10, 2008

#20

Being a mom is thinking coffee makes you a better mother.

Whenever we move, I always pack the coffee pot in the front seat with me. Nobody is allowed to touch it or carry it into the new house. It's mine. All mine. I bring it in, plug it up, and make sure there's some ground coffee ready to go for the next morning. I might not be able to find my toothbrush for days, but as long as I have my coffee the world will be a better place.

Fess up. How many cups, or dare I say Pots, of coffee do you have each day? Do you sometimes find your coffee cup 1/2 full sitting in odd places like your closet because you got distracted when a child said, "Mommy, come see what Hudson just did"? I lost my coffee cup one time and found it 2 days later in the microwave from when I heated up leftover coffee one afternoon. I used to be a purist and never, never, ever heat up leftover coffee. It always had to be fresh. That was back in the day when I only had a dog to care for. Now I'll just take it however, whenever I can get it. And as my mother says about my coffee, "That coffee can walk," meaning I like it strong.

5 comments:

Jill @ Live, Laugh, Blog said...

Like maybe 3 cups. But they are LARGE cups.
This is probably why my 7 month old never ever sleeps

Starla said...

I can easily do three pots in the winter--one in the morning, one in the afternoon, and the last at night. These days (97 out right now) I can get by with 2 cups in the morning, and one at night. And I have found that I'm right current in drinking my coffee cold. Don't have to stop by Starbuck's or McD's for a cold coffee, it can be found in the school room, or where ever else I was when I started with a hot cup, got distracted, and found the cold cup to finish off an hour later.

Thanks, Angel, you always give me things to think about!

Starla

Ariel Allison Lawhon said...

Sadly, I am not a coffee purist. About a third of every cup is Hazlenut creamer. BUT, I do take about four cups a day: two in the morning, and two during that afternoon slump. No wonder I haven't lost that fifteen pounds from my last pregnancy! Can't drink it cold and it has to be fresh. That is one area where I choose to be a snob.

Brandi said...

No coffee for me. .but, coke? oh yeah! Especially if it's a difficult day, my diet goes out the window and I just need me a coke!

You crack me up! Hey, have you seen www.redletterscampaign.com ? They would love for you to be an adoption journalist for older child adoptions. . go there and you'll see how to sign up! or email me!

love ya,
Brandi

Missy said...

loved this one...i gave it up for a bit, but i just missed the idea of it, not necessarily the caffeine, so i guess i'm officially back on the sauce and lovin it.
missy

ps brandi is right, you would be an awesome contributor for older child adoptions...think about it...