Monday, May 05, 2008

Being a Mom #569

Being a mom means feeling that other moms throw better birthday parties, make better Valentine's Day gifts, and pack more exciting lunches - and then realizing your kids don't care.

I admit it, I fall into this trap. When Jacob was about 4, I finally let myself free from scrapbooking. I never liked it, and I'm praying that my kids will marry spouses who love to do it. Then I'll pass all those photos over to them and let them go to town with it. My dear SIL even bought me a scrapbook with all the cute things already pasted inside. All I had to do was add pictures. That was 3 years ago. Still haven't added the pictures.

So, what do you erroneously think you should be doing a great job at just because you are a mom?

7 comments:

Brandi said...

Making better dinners. . .that are SUPER healthy. . alas, I'm not feeling well so it's leftovers or cereal again tonight. .

Brandi

Ariel Allison Lawhon said...

Playing with my kids. For some reason I tend to watch them play instead of getting down in the dirt with them. Come to think of it, that may be because I broke my nose the last time I really played with one of my boys. They're dangerous.

Pregont Family said...

Brandi,
When Matt is out of town or if I'm sick, we do cereal for all 3 meals.
~angel

Ginger said...

Ditto Ariel, except I've never broken my nose. :D
I wish I were better at just having fun with my kids. I'm all about being productive.

Missy said...

Oh thank you, thank you. I too, hate scrapbooking and feel so guilty about it. And, I'm with Ariel too, I'm no good at all at playing with my kids. I constantly feel guilty about that one.
Missy

Lindsay said...

A lovely friend give me the mother load of scrapbooking materials for a shower gift. I sold it all on e-bay because it made me feel so guilty every time I looked at it!

Pregont Family said...

Lindsay!! You crack me up! I re-gifted some of my scrapbooking stuff to other people. Way to go for selling it on ebay.
~angel