Saturday, May 24, 2008

Narnia

The whole lot of us went to see Prince Caspian this afternoon. We're big Narnia fans here. In fact, Clive is named after CS Lewis (Clive Staples Lewis). I love the way Aslan is portrayed as a Christ-type figure. Love the devotion the kids have to Aslan. At one point during the movie I just cried and wanted to go on straight to heaven. I remember when I was a little girl, and ancient, old women would stand up in church and testify talking about how they just couldn't wait to go to heaven. I didn't get it back then. There was so much livin' yet to do. I really didn't get it until my dad passed away almost 4 years ago. Then I wanted to go, too. Not a death wish, just a desire to be with Jesus and have no more struggles and hurts. Just be the way we were created to be.

When we told our kids about Maria Chapman's death, Isabel started clapping and smiling. All 7 of us looked at her like she had 2 heads, and she looked at us like we had 2 heads. Then I realized that, to her, being with Jesus was a celebration and how exciting for Maria. We explained to the kids that the worst part about death is not for the one who goes on to heaven, but for those of us who are left behind. We just miss people, that's all. For believers, we're just out of place here and always have that longing to go home.

3 comments:

Ariel Allison Lawhon said...

We just saw Caspian. I know what you mean about wanting to go Home...

Faith said...

We loved that movie too! On a different note, my littlest kids were watching there Praise Baby DVD today and I just happened to look up and see "Matt and Angel Pregont" in the credits. I am assuming that is you. If it is, what small world! What kiddo(s) are yours?
Blessings...

Pregont Family said...

Faith,
Depending on which Praise Baby you saw, it could've been Isabel, Eva, Jacob, or Clive in the video. The producers go to our church, and we've been blessed to have some of our kids in the DVDs.

~angel