Friday, May 30, 2008

Neil - Is there anyone else?

"There are two kinds of people, those who like Neil Diamond and those who don't." from What About Bob. The Pregont men in this household not only like, but love Neil Diamond.

Informal Poll:

1. Which kind of person are you?

2. Favorite Neil Diamond Album?

For the Pregont men = Jazz Singer by far. This album taught me what a "brother" was, and that black people called us "white boys." It wasn't until half way through the movie that I realized his father wasn't a Catholic Priest, it didn't make sense that a Priest could have a son; then I realized he was Jewish. The Jazz Singer was the 2nd movie we watched on our new VCR back in 1983 (first was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory).

Matt

5 comments:

Pregont Family said...

Pregont Women - Don't like Neil (OK, Eva likes anything her daddy likes)

Jeff Lynn said...

I like Neil, but have never bought an album or seen Jazz Singer. Favorite songs - "I'm a Believer" and "You Don't Bring Me Flowers"

Pregont Family said...

Thank you, brother, for commenting. Matt was getting his feelings hurt when nobody responded to his heartfelt post about Neil.
~sister

Missy said...

Whenever we hear a ND song on the radio or a movie, or whatever, we scream in unison, "It's the REAL Neil".

Marybeth said...

Hi-- I don't know you, but according to Ariel if I did, we would be BFF's for sure!

So, I thought I would chime in and say that I love Neil Diamond (see? BFF's already!). I also love The Jazz Singer, but haven't seen it in a LONG time. I got to see Neil in concert waaaay back in the day and he sang Forever in Blue Jeans like six times, because the audience kept screaming for it over and over. Favorite Neil song??? Hmmmm, I would have to say Hello Again.