Tuesday, May 20, 2008

We've Been Robbed.....Again

Is there a full moon out or something?

The lawnmower was one thing, and I really wasn't attached to it since it was old and disfigured. (Don't worry, I have much higher regard for old and disfigured humans.) But now the Thieves has crossed the line. They've gone too far. They've made off with my patio chairs. The ones that match my patio table. The ones I bought 3 years ago, calling every Lowe's in town until I managed to acquire a complete set. The ones I bought at the end of the season on clearance. I'm Mad. Mad, I tell you. Crying, Crazy Mad.

My favorite line from The Kite Runner is when the dad tells his son that only real sin is Stealing. If you murder, you steal a person's life. If you lie, you steal the truth. If you have an affair, you steal trust. If you steal patio chairs, you steal my place to sit down and enjoy my newly landscaped backyard. The nerve....

6 comments:

Missy said...

Oh Angel, this really sucks!

Pregont Family said...

Missy,
Yes it does! My sentiments exactly.
~angel

Jamie said...

It is in fact a full moon today. Hopefully you will survive it without any more thefts. Bummer about your chairs.

Ariel Allison Lawhon said...

Perhaps get a pet skunk to keep in the back yard? You can buy the kind that have been "de-fumed" but a thief wouldn't know that!

Seriously though, I'm sorry. That's a bummer!

Brandi said...

That sucks. . .What a bummer. . .It's one of those things that will bug you every time you go outside too. . you know, in that almost irrational you are SOOOO completely upset about it kind of ways!! It just sucks! I'm sorry!

Brandi

Jon said...

Sounds like someone is taking your metal items for a quick buck at the junkyard. Some metals, like copper, are becoming very valuable to thieves. C'mon, Matt, set up a sting operation, catch the thieves, and then implement some restorative justice.
-jon w