Sunday, August 03, 2008

Summer - We're still alive.

Having fun with cousins in Wisconsin.

Enjoying the fountains in Downtown Nashville. This is only about 5 mintues from us.




Hudson helping daddy do the outlets in the new boys room upstairs.
After much admonishment by friends and family, I thought I'd post. Summer has been busy. We've spent a lot of time at the Y pool. One week in Wisconsin. And quite a bit of time moving the kids upstairs and trying to finish it out. It's been like moving another time. The downstairs looks totally different and Matt and I are enjoying having it more to ourselves. I now have a schoolroom that doesn't involve the kitchen table. Whoo Hoo! All the toys are upstairs - most of the time. :- )
Otherwise, it's been a hard spring and summer for our little family emotionally. Just Life Stuff. Nothing to go into detail about here. But we are surviving and will be all the better for it in the end. CS Lewis says that Pain is God's megaphone to a hurting world. It's true. Sometimes we just don't want to change until the Pain of Hanging On exceeds the Pain of Letting Go.
What I'd say to sum it up for me is that I'm learning to live in the Present, not the Past nor Future. I'm learning to ID my emotions better and live out of the Truth more. Truth to myself, kids, Matt, friends, God. My new motto is "I'm in training." That's got a whole different feel to it than having the old motto of "I'm trying."
Blessings,
angel



6 comments:

Brother Mark said...

Thanks for the short update. Even though I'm your brother and can call you any time, I still enjoy reading your writings about the kids and all of the different things that are happening. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Love you guys much.

kim said...

I've been checking often...so good to get an update on you guys!

Kim Blair

Sara said...

I loved this:

CS Lewis says that Pain is God's megaphone to a hurting world. It's true. Sometimes we just don't want to change until the Pain of Hanging On exceeds the Pain of Letting Go.

God used your writing in our lives today!

Ariel Allison Lawhon said...

Missed you friend...

Erin said...

So glad that you're back to posting updates. I can relate to the trying spring/summer as that was us last year. I love your C.S. Lewis quote and that you're in training instead of I'm trying.

Michelle said...

I'm so glad to see a post from you. I was coming her to check for one and if there wasn't, I intended to email you directly to see if you were lost LOL! Glad to see your doing well.
~Michelle P.