Saturday, September 27, 2008

For a Good Time, add Helium

the kids and I went to a local bookstore that opened today called FairyTale Bookstore. Everybody got balloons, cookies, lemonade, and had a blast looking at all the cool stuff. Think "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium" on a smaller scale.

Anyways, on the way home they discovered they could make tiny holes in their balloons and suck out the air. We were all busting a gut to Chipmunk tunes and ABCs in helium-voice the whole way home. I wish I had a helium tank around for rainy days.

Nia's creativity never ceases to amaze me. She was making a jacket for Isabel's Diego doll, but Isabel wanted the fabric to be blue instead of white. So, Nia put the jacket in a bowl of water, dipped her blue magic marker in to turn the color, then put the bowl in the microwave to heat it up for dying. I just never would've thought of that. Ever. Not even on a good day.

No comments: